1. When you enter into our Contract for Live Engagement, the hirer agrees to the terms and conditions of the Double Scotch Ceilidh Band.
2.It is agreed that the Fee shall be payable in instalments, including a non-refundable deposit, and a remaining fee payable by the Hirer on demand to the Musicians on the night of the performance.
3. The Hirer and Double Scotch agree that the equipment and instruments of each Musician performing under the Engagement are not available for use by any other person except by specific permission of the relevant Musician.
4. The Hirer shall ensure a safe supply of electricity and the security of the Musicians and their property at the Venue to a standard considered acceptable by the Musicians.
5. Should the Hirer be unprepared for the Musicians to begin performing at the agreed listed start time, the Musicians shall still be entitled to finish at the agreed listed finish time. The Hirer shall have the opportunity to ask the Musicians to play beyond the agreed listed finish time and the Musicians shall have the discretion to accept or refuse the request. If the Musicians agree to perform for a fixed time beyond the agreed listed finish time this time shall be charged in addition to the Fee, at a fixed rate agreed between the Musicians and the Hirer at the time. Any such additional fee shall be payable by the Hirer to the Musicians in cash on demand of the Musicians.
6. Should the Hirer book Double Scotch for the “ALL DAY PACKAGE” the exact times at which Double Scotch will be play will be agreed prior to the event in question.
7. No liability shall attach to Double Scotch for the breach of this agreement due to events or circumstances beyond its control. These circumstances include, but are not limited to: lack of access to the venue, the venue becoming unavailable, weather preventing the Musicians travelling and accident. If Double Scotch is affected by such events or circumstances it shall advise the Hirer as soon as practicable of the same.
8. Cancellation by the Hirer 28 days or more before the Event Date will result in the payment of 50% of the Fee, minus the deposit paid, being the agreed loss suffered by Double Scotch due to such cancellation.
9. Cancellation by the Hirer 28 days or less before the Event Date will result in the payment of 75% of the Fee, minus the deposit paid, being the agreed loss suffered by Double Scotch due to such cancellation.
10. Our Contract Agreement may not be modified or cancelled except by mutual consent, in writing signed by both parties.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, Double Scotch is not contractually bound under the agreement unless the contract has been e-signed by both parties, AND unless deposit has been received in accordance with clause 2(a) above.
12. The parties agree that the Agreement shall be governed to and construed in accordance with Scots law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.